Course description to be added
Approximately 8 hours pre reading and online workbook plus 8 hours practical workshop attendance
What you will learn
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- compliance with first aid sections of the Education and Care
- services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
- incident reporting in a child care setting
- child physiology
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy
- managing shock
- and much, much more!
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded a nationally recognised statement of attainment:HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Cancellation Policy We are unable to refund monies for students who do not turn up for first aid classes or decide at a later date after booking that that they do not want to attend. Changes to class times are allowed, but not within 48 hours of the class commencing.